Tuesday, May 29, 2012

"Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again - my Savior and my God!" Psalm 42:11

Ever since I took Gracie to get fitted for her brace I have been struggling.  It caught me off guard to be so disturbed by a brace, (the fixators will be much bigger then a brace).  I think the brace just tipped the scales, but wasn't completely what brought me down.  The deeper into the plans we get, the more I struggle with the fact that my super happy baby girl is going to know pain, true pain before she's 2.  I feel like I'm going to lose the happy baby and I only have this small window to take advantage of her this way.  That leads to feelings of frustration that I'm not a stay at home mom.  I am VERY blessed to be able to take my babies to work with me, which means they are not in daycare, and I get them around me...but its filtered time, not my whole attention on them.  I'm really having a hard time with this, probably more then anything.  Its verses like today's Psalm that I need to refocus my heart back to God, and not on our circumstances.  Its not easy, but so necessary.

A couple days after Gracie got fitted for her brace, we received a phone call from Hanger stating that the cost would be $1400.  Insurance will cover it, but not until we meet our $3000 deductible.  I talked them down to $1100 and then put it on hold.  I'm currently in the process of trying to get Gracie approved for Medicaid, disability, anything and everything I can think of that will give us financial assistance.  We applied for a medical grant thru United Health Care, and are just kind of waiting to hear on everything.  We will probably order her brace soon, because her ankle definitely needs it.

Experiencing the sticker shock over the brace, and getting a realistic grip as to what we're facing has been hard.  Robert could not have been more supportive the last few weeks.  He has really just given me time to grieve, and has done so much to make me smile.  I couldn't make it thru this without my husband and our families and friends.  I've gotten many texts and emails that have been so reassuring, just when I needed them.  Due to the realization of costs, we have decided to start fundraising and accepting donations for Gracie's medical care and travel expenses.  We are hoping and praying that this offsets our out of pocket costs.  Please please forward this blog, and the attached flyer to your friends and family.  We understand not everyone is in a position to donate.  We aren't just asking for donations....we need lots of prayers.  Please be praying specifically for finances, emotional strength, peace and health for our entire family!

DONATION INFORMATION

Bank of America, Account #457020662424
PayPal Online Donation (please see donate button on top right corner of blog)
To contact family directly, pattonangel4905@yahoo.com

Thank you!  God Bless!
Peterson Family

Donation Flyer

No comments:

Post a Comment